Wins by Decision29/310%
Anthony Joshua Boxing Record
Bet on Joshua’s next fight
Anthony Joshua Boxing Record
|28||Jermaine Franklin||01-Apr-23||Win||UD 12|
|27||Oleksandr Usyk||20-Aug-22||Loss||SD 12|
|26||Oleksandr Usyk||25-Sep-21||Loss||UD 12|
|25||Kubrat Pulev||12-Dec-20||Win||KO 9|
|24||Andy Ruiz Jr.||07-Dec-19||Win||UD 12|
|23||Andy Ruiz Jr.||01-Jun-19||Loss||TKO 7|
|22||Alexander Povetkin||22-Sep-18||Win||TKO 7|
|21||Joseph Parker||31-Mar-18||Win||UD 12|
|20||Carlos Takam||28-Oct-17||Win||TKO 10|
|19||Wladimir Klitschko||29-Apr-17||Win||TKO 11|
|18||Éric Molina||10-Dec-16||Win||TKO 3|
|17||Dominic Breazeale||25-Jun-16||Win||TKO 7|
|16||Charles Martin||09-Apr-16||Win||KO 2|
|15||Dillian Whyte||12-Dec-15||Win||TKO 7|
|14||Gary Cornish||12-Sep-15||Win||TKO 1|
|13||Kevin Johnson||30-May-15||Win||TKO 2|
|12||Raphael Zumbano||09-May-15||Win||TKO 2|
|11||Jason Gavern||04-Apr-15||Win||KO 3|
|10||Michael Sprott||22-Nov-14||Win||TKO 1|
|9||Denis Bakhtov||11-Oct-14||Win||TKO 2|
|8||Konstantin Airich||13-Sep-14||Win||TKO 3|
|7||Matt Skelton||12-Jul-14||Win||TKO 2|
|6||Matt Legg||31-May-14||Win||KO 1|
|5||Hector Alfredo Avila||01-Mar-14||Win||KO 1|
|4||Dorian Darch||01-Feb-14||Win||TKO 2|
|3||Hrvoje Kisiček||14-Nov-13||Win||TKO 2|
|2||Paul Butlin||26-Oct-13||Win||TKO 2|
|1||Emanuele Leo||05-Oct-13||Win||TKO 1|
Anthony Joshua Boxing Record
Anthony Joshua Key Fights
- Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko (April 29, 2017): This fight took place at Wembley Stadium in London and was for the unified heavyweight titles. Joshua faced the experienced Klitschko, who was a former champion, in what turned out to be a thrilling back-and-forth battle. Joshua knocked down Klitschko in the fifth round, but Klitschko recovered and knocked Joshua down in the sixth. However, Joshua showed resilience and came back to knock out Klitschko in the 11th round, establishing himself as a top heavyweight contender.
- Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker (March 31, 2018): In this fight, held at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Joshua faced New Zealand’s Joseph Parker for the WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight titles. Joshua won a unanimous decision after 12 rounds, becoming the first boxer to defeat Parker and adding more championship belts to his collection.
- Anthony Joshua vs. Andy Ruiz Jr. (June 1, 2019): This fight, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, was a major upset for Joshua. He faced the Mexican-American boxer Andy Ruiz Jr. and was the heavy favorite going into the bout. However, Ruiz Jr. shocked the boxing world by knocking Joshua down four times, eventually leading to a seventh-round TKO victory for Ruiz Jr. This loss was a significant setback for Joshua and showcased the unpredictability of the sport.
- Anthony Joshua vs. Andy Ruiz Jr. II (December 7, 2019): In a highly anticipated rematch that took place in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia, Joshua sought to reclaim his heavyweight titles from Ruiz Jr. He employed a different strategy, opting for a more cautious approach. Joshua dominated the fight and won a unanimous decision, effectively redeeming himself and regaining his status as a heavyweight champion.
- Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk (September 25, 2021): This fight took place at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London and saw Joshua defending his WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight titles against Ukrainian boxer Oleksandr Usyk. Usyk, a former undisputed cruiserweight champion, showcased his boxing skills and outboxed Joshua throughout the fight. Usyk won a unanimous decision, handing Joshua his second professional loss and ending his title reign. See Anthony Joshua boxing record above for full details of his career.
Anthony Joshua Biography
Anthony Joshua is a British professional boxer who was born on October 15, 1989, in Watford, Hertfordshire, England. He is of Nigerian and Irish descent. Joshua is widely regarded as one of the top heavyweight boxers in the world.
Joshua’s interest in boxing began during his teenage years when he started visiting the Finchley Amateur Boxing Club in North London. He quickly demonstrated his talent and dedication, winning various amateur championships. Notable achievements include winning the Haringey Box Cup in 2009 and the Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) Championships in 2010.
In 2012, Anthony Joshua represented Great Britain in the Summer Olympics held in London. He won a gold medal in the super heavyweight division, becoming the first British boxer to achieve this feat in the Olympic Games. This victory catapulted him to national prominence and marked the beginning of his professional career.
Joshua turned professional in 2013, signing with Matchroom Sport and starting his journey in the heavyweight division. His professional debut took place on October 5, 2013, against Emanuele Leo, which he won via a first-round knockout. Throughout his career, Joshua gained a reputation for his exceptional punching power, combined with his athleticism and physical strength.
As his professional career progressed, Joshua faced and defeated numerous notable opponents, including Dillian Whyte, Charles Martin, Wladimir Klitschko, Joseph Parker, Alexander Povetkin, and Andy Ruiz Jr. Among these victories, his 2017 fight against Klitschko at Wembley Stadium, which he won by knockout in the eleventh round, stands out as a defining moment in his career.
However, Joshua experienced a setback in June 2019 when he lost his unified heavyweight titles to Andy Ruiz Jr. in a stunning upset. Nevertheless, he secured a rematch with Ruiz Jr. later that year and regained his titles in a dominant performance.
Anthony Joshua holds an impressive professional record, with the majority of his victories coming by knockout. He has held multiple heavyweight championship titles, including the IBF (International Boxing Federation), WBA (World Boxing Association), WBO (World Boxing Organization), and IBO (International Boxing Organization) belts.
Beyond his boxing career, Joshua is known for his charitable endeavors and philanthropic work. He has supported various causes and established the “AJ Boxing Club” to provide opportunities for young people in need.
Anthony Joshua’s combination of skill, power, and charisma has made him a popular figure in the world of boxing. He continues to be an influential figure and a prominent ambassador for the sport.